We would like to share a recipe that you might like to try at home. It is a favourite of Chef Juan Pablo of Awasi Atacama, our 12 room lodge in Northern Chile’s Atacama Desert.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes approx.
· 400g Scallops
· 4 Pomegranates
· 2 Limes
· 1 Green Chili pepper
· 1 Avocado
· Microgreens (e.g. rocket or cilantro sprouts) and/or edible flowers
· Olive oil to taste
· Salt to taste
· Cut the scallops into slices.
· Combine 50 cc of pomegranate juice and 10 cc of lemon juice. Add salt to taste to form a vinaigrette, and set apart.
· Place the scallop slices on the presentation plate.
· Season with lime zest, salt and a few drops of lime juice and olive oil.
· Cut the avocado into cubes and place on top of the scallops.
· Decorate with chili peppers, pomegranate seeds, microgreens and/or edible flowers, and some olive oil.
Chefs tip: everything looks better in uneven numbers.
· Right before serving, whisk together the pomegranate + lime juice vinaigrette and top the scallops. Serve while still frothy.
All three Awasi hotels, Awasi Atacama, Awasi Patagonia and Awasi Iguazu, are part of Relais & Chateaux. This means we serve the highest quality of sustainably sourced food in our restaurants.